Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client get wrong IP Address from RV130W

bram twejaputra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

this is my first post in this forum ^^, so hopefully you guys can help me out with my problem,

so, i have running RV130W as my router for almost a year, and everything perfectly running well. but now i want to use VPN ipsec due demand from my user. and i have setup the RV130W with following configuration VPNServerConfig.PNG

and for the client im using third party software called TheGreenBow VPN, and i set it up as like as the vpn server configuration, and when start the tunnel it is worked, but the problem is the ip address that assigned to my PC is not as i expected, 

TGB.PNG

which the expected IP address should be 192.168.253.0 with mask 255.255.255.0. how the ip address is changed to 10.10.10.10, is this problem from the VPN server configuration or from VPN client configuration ? and where the 10.10.10.10 comes from ?

really need your assistances 

thanks and regards

6 Replies 6

Hi @bram twejaputra

Are you using Split tunnel or full tunnel?

Which range do you have in Virtual IP range?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

hi falvio

thanks for the reply, and i dont use split tunnel on my settings, and the virtual ip range was 192.168.253.0 - 192.168.253.254

thanks

This VPN client you are using is installing this IP range for you. Try to use Cisco VPN client. You can download for free here and should work for Windows 7.

https://old-www.wsu.edu/wirelessinfo/vpn/installCiscoVPN.html

If you have newer windows version, then, try to reconfigure Greenbow.

GreenBow  during the installation on Phase 2 IP Sec, you have an option VPN Client Address. Make sure you let it 0.0.0.0. 

Also, look for " disable split tunneling"  on the GreenBow and unckeck it. 

Take a look on this discussion:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/cisco-rv-130w-ipsec-vpn-with-greenbow-ipsec-vpn-client-not/td-p/2620082

Let me know if works.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

hi miranda

thanks for the link of vpnclient of cisco and also the link of the forum, but currently i have windows 10 installed on my PC, and it seems your software doesnt work for win 10 (i will try on my wind 7 virtual).

and for 10.10.10.10, it seems that thegreenbow will automatically set it up for you when you leave vpn client address settings as default, and those ip doesnt make any changes on my problem, because when i change it to 192.168.254.0 it still doesnt work either. same with the split tunneling, i have disable it but nothing happen.

any other idea about this ?

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I suspect that this setting comes from your GreenBow VPN software as it is using a separate network adapter to establish the tunnel. Please check your GreenBow settings to see if there is any field where you can specify that.

As far as your screenshot for Phase 2 configuration - this is where you specify which subnet you'd like to share with the remote client over the tunnel, not the subnet from which the client will receive an IP address.

Hope that helps,

Kris

hi all

at last i finally figure it out how to solve the problem, which is the problem is comes from my RV130 which is not configured correctly. the configuration that i talk about is the NAT traversal settings, after i set it up now i can connect to my RV130W using ipsec vpn and connect to my resources even my ip is still 10.10.10.10 ^^. 

thanks a lot for all of your idea

regards