cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection on RV130 Router

TWinter
Level 1
Level 1

I have some difficulties whit my RV130 Router. The short story is that I can’t connect to my NAS and windows server through PPTP VPN (windows 10 client). When I try to connect, I get the following error in windows “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”

I can’t figure out where its goes wrong. Is it in the client or the router?

As bonus information, I just change my internet supplier, in that connection i had to buy a new router the RV130. Before I change supplier, I had no problem with the VPN, therefore I am pretty sure that error is in the router, I think there is something I had overlooked, but I can’t figure out what..!

Any idea’s what goes wrong?

In the screendumps you can see which change i has made in the router.pix1.JPGpix2.JPG

2 Replies 2

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post,

Rv130 router settings are all okay.

Kindly request you to check with the New service provider whether PPTP service port number 1723 is open from there end.

We can check whether PPTP port number is open with and without ROUTER via below port check website.

ping.eu  , grc.com or any other service port checking websites.

Thanks,

Mridul 

Cisco SBSC TAC

Hi 

Thanks for your contribution.

I have talk with the internet supplier, and there are not any closed ports, for safety I have check it with the link you send me, all looks ok.

So, any ideas?  

/Thomas