cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Issue with RV180W

PugwashMI
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV180 wet up as the main router in my office it is the DHCP server and link betweek the netwok and the internet via a 2wire 2701HG-B Gateway DSL modem. The modem is connected to the WLAN port on the RV180W and is set to the RV180W in in a DMZ which I beleive will allow all traffic from the internet straight through to the RV180W.

Everything works ok except I cannot connect into the RV180W with the Quick VPN Client. It tries to connect but fails each time.

At first I get a message that say "Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer. Do you want to quit this connection". I select no and then I get a QuickVPN Client box that says "Connecting", then "Activating Policy" then, "Verifying Network". After a peiod I then get another message with a warning "The Gateway is not responding. Do you want to wait?" with a Yes and No action button. If I select Yes then the message goes away and the "Verifying Network" message returns for a while before the warning appears again.

It will continue doing this until I give up and select No when asked to wait, at which point it will go back the the QuickVPN box and the message will read "Disconnecting from Network", then it will close.

I can check the "VPN Client Connection Status" on the RV180W and I can see the attempted connection for the user I used so its getting through but cant establish a stable connection.

After a bit of research I have found that my particular 2wire has and issue with IPsec protocols 50 and 51. Could this be my problem?

Or could it just be the extremely slow upload speed I have from the DSL connection to the internet which is less than 400kps.

Or do you anyother ideas?

Best Regards

Ian

1 Reply 1

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ian, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. It is sounds like firewall configuration, please try to follow the steps in this documents bellow:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33275

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.