Views
Helpful
Replies

What can an ISR900 series actually do?

frazreid2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My provider is going IPV6 only - but I would still like to use IPV4 in my LAN.

The IPV6 prefix changes every 24 hours from my ISP.

So my question is.....

Can an ISR900 do IPV4-to-6 and VPN(IPSec/SSL) and Firewalling (ZBF or similar) at the same time?

or....would a Cisco Firepower 1010 do this better?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @frazreid2 

As concerned ISR900 series:

M02rt37_0-1717679348246.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-741615.html

If your primary concern is advanced security and high-performance VPN capabilities, the Cisco Firepower 1010 would likely be the better choice due to its comprehensive security features and robust VPN performance. However, if you need a more versatile device that provides solid routing, VPN, and basic security capabilities, the Cisco ISR900 could be sufficient and might offer more flexibility in terms of routing and network management.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @frazreid2 

As concerned ISR900 series:

M02rt37_0-1717679348246.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-741615.html

If your primary concern is advanced security and high-performance VPN capabilities, the Cisco Firepower 1010 would likely be the better choice due to its comprehensive security features and robust VPN performance. However, if you need a more versatile device that provides solid routing, VPN, and basic security capabilities, the Cisco ISR900 could be sufficient and might offer more flexibility in terms of routing and network management.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

You Need NAT for this case it called NAT64