Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N - Limited WAN Speed?

Jeff Feller
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

My customer has a WRVS4400N from November 2011 running the latest V2.0.2.2 firmware.  I've looked through settings and tried a couple things, but no matter what... I cannot achieve faster than 25 Mbps Download.  We also added a D-Link for a Fonality VoIP system and anything connected through that router can get 50 Mbps.  

Is there any reason this Cisco would not be able to download at 50 Mbps?

4 Replies 4

Jeff Feller
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm.  Alright.  Guess I'll just replace the router then.  I definitely learned something about Cisco's "Lifetime" warranty between this router and my own personal UC320W.  

Might be time to switch more over to NETGEAR since I don't have problems getting replacements for 2 - 3 year old equipment with them.

These type of speed limits exist for any brand of smb router.  I've run into the same issue on both Cisco and Netgear, so changing brands may not be the solution.

The rv016 can hit 40 no problem, but I think only the newer rv180/220/320/etc can hit 100+.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Jeff Feller
Level 1
Level 1

My comment about changing brands wasn't because of the speed limitation... It was the support limitation.

I called in for help / questions and was told my "Lifetime Warranty" product carries no support / ability to HELP DETERMINE if I have a defective unit.  NETGEAR has helped me without a problem in the past on 5 year old ProSafe routers.

In this situation, I did replace the clients router with an RV180W and have no issues achieving beyond 50 Mbps.

You can run into the same thing with Netgear (which I did on two units covered under a lifetime warranty).  The only time you'll get service like what you're describing is when you move into the more expensive world of enterprise routers.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com