cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Problems

tpaolillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I recently installed a WRVS4400N router on my home network. Prior to that I was using the wireless built into my FIOS router. I wanted something more secure so I went with the WRVS4400N. I turned off the FIOS wireless and am only using the cisco wireless.

Im having intermittent issues with the wireless. I have many things hooked up to my wireless including a HP printer and a Sonos system. Most of the time if I just open my ipad I cannot see anything else on my network including the printer. If I try to see the Sonos system can cannot, sometimes I can open the app on my iphone and then I can see it.

Sometimes I can see the printer and sometimes I cant. Sometimes when I do see it and then print to it, it will be gone before it even prints.

I don’t seem to have any issues thru the LAN connections.

Also, ive noticed that the wifi is much slower than the old FIOS box.

FYI, when I remove the cisco and fire back up the FIOS wifi I don’t have any problems at all at any time. And its much faster.

I have tried channel 6, 11 and auto. Also turned off IPC and still no change.

Any idesas or help would be appreciated.

Thank You

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. In order to resolve your problem, can you check your device firmware? You have to have to latest one, that is 2.0.2.1, you can download it in cisco.com

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414016&catid=268437899&softwareid=282487380

After the firmware update, you can do a factory reset to your device (Always make a back up of you r information).

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.