Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N v2: Need help setting up VPN for Mac

I'm having problems trying to establish a IP Sec tunnel from the office to home. All of our machines are Macs so I have been using the directions described in "How to create an IP Sec tunnel for MAC Clients, A QVPN alternative" but I still can't get it to work. My setup is as follows:

1. The office is connected to the outside world through a MODEM (Sagemcom 2864 Connection Hub). This MODEM is also a wireless router. It's DHCP server provides addresses 192.168.2.x.
  2. The WRVS4400N's WAN port is connected to one of the LAN ports on the MODEM. It's IP address from the MODEM is 192.168.2.x. The WRVS4400N provides addresses 192.168.21.x to devices connected to it.
  3. We have a DynDNS account and are using the DDNS client on the WRVS4400N router to connect to it.
  4. At home, we have a DIR-655 router with IP Sec Passthru enabled. The router provides IP addresses 192.168.1.x for all devices connected to it. I am fairly sure there are no issues with the router setup at home since I am able to VPN into the office of my full-time job without any problems.

I have tried just about everything I can think of but have not been able to get this to work. Can someone please help with setting up the Local and Remote Group Settings on the WRVS4400N and the IP address settings in IP Securitas?

TIA

2 Replies 2

Stil no response?

Hi,

If you need to establish a client vpn connection with the WRVS4400N, first you need to insure that the modem infront support IPSec Passthrough and that UDP ports 500 and 4500 are forwarded to the WAN IP of WRVS4400N.

On WRVS4400N you have to configure IPSec VPN tunnel, and when configuring IPSecuritas insure that you have the same encryption as on the router.

It could help if you enable the Local logs and see the error message.

You can provide the log output and print screens of the IPSec configuration, also screenshot of configuration of IPsecuritas