Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS440N did not collect logs

miroslaw len
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have turned on 'Local log' and 'output blocking event log' on my WRVS4400N v2 with latest fw.

When I am clicking 'view log' button I can't see anything in empty fields. When I am trying to change logs genre I have empty fields all time.

I have Log setting set to:

log level: All

Outgoing log: disable

Incoming log: disable

On the top of the page.

Could you tell me why I am getting similar errors?

Thank you, best regards

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Miroslaw, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issues you are having, to configure your logs, you can follow these steps:

The Administration > Log window displays the options for configuring the management of the router’s system logs. The wireless router provides four categories of event logging (Firewall, VPN, System, and ACL). You can configure the router to send the event log to you through e-mail, upload the log to syslog server, or view the log locally on the router.

STEP 1 Click Administration > Log.

STEP 2 Configure the system logs for the router:

• Log Setting

- Log Level—Select the log levels that the router should record.

- Outgoing Log—Select Enable to cause all outgoing packets to be logged. You can then click View Outgoing Table to display information on the outgoing packets including Source IP, Destination IP, and Service/Port number.

- Incoming Log—Select Enable to cause all incoming packets to be logged. You can then click View Incoming Table to display information on incoming packets including Source IP, Destination IP, and Service/Port number

• Email Alerts

- Email Alerts—If enabled, an e-mail is sent when the number of DoS events exceeds the defined threshold or the total events number exceed 100. If enabled, you must provide the e-mail address information.

- Denial of Service Thresholds—Enter the number of DoS attacks that need to be detected (and blocked) by the software firewall before an email alert is sent. The minimum value is 20, the maximum value is 100. Note that if IPS has been enabled, IPS blocks DoS attacks before they reach the firewall. In that case, check the IPS Report to see event details.

- Log Queue Length—The default is 50 entries (the router mails the log if there are more than 50 entries).

- Log Time Threshold—The default is 10 minutes (the router mails the log every 10 minutes).

- SMTP Mail Server—Enter the address (domain name) or IP address of the   Simple Mail Transport Protocol server you use for outgoing e-mails.

- Email Address for Alert Logs—Enter the e-mail address the log is to be sent to.

- Return Email Address—The e-mail shows this address as the sender's address.

- Enable SMTP Authentication—If your SMTP server requires authentication, click this check box and enter the username and password in the fields below.

- E-mail Log Now—Press this button to cause the log to be e-mailed immediately.

• Syslog

- Enable Syslog—Select Enable if you want to use this feature.

- Syslog Server—Enter the IP address in the Syslog Server field when Enable Syslog is checked.

- Local Log—Enable this if you want to see the log locally on the router.

- View Log button—If Local Log is enabled, click View Log to view the event log on the router.

STEP 3 Click Save.

I hope this could fix your problem

Greetings.

Johnnatan Rodríguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.