Views
Helpful
Replies

1 packet sent and 3 packets lost

Rhodo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am working on a school project with IPv6 and I have had problems to connect the two LANs while using a Cloud-PT. Currently, there are static routes between the ABC0:322:15F0::/98 network and the ABC0:322:15FA::/97 network. When I ping one of the terminals from the other network I get 3 request time out and 1 sent, or 1 sent and 3 request time out, in that order. I used this setup with IPv4 and it worked.

I am new to this and do not fully understand the concepts. I established the static routes and used frame relay to connect the routers. Also, I used

frame-relay map 

command to specify the hops to the DCLIs from the IPv6 addresses, and got this result. I do not know what to do and would appreciate your help.

I worked with packet tracer version 8.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think the problem is the amount of static routes in your configs. I turned on CEF for both IPv4 and IPv6, took out all routes, and added just the IPv6 default routes, with the result being PING responses are immediate, with no more timeouts...

Attached the revised file...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

since we are not sure your environment or lab setup it is hard to say what is wrong here ?

can you post an example output? how is your pinging?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I think the problem is the amount of static routes in your configs. I turned on CEF for both IPv4 and IPv6, took out all routes, and added just the IPv6 default routes, with the result being PING responses are immediate, with no more timeouts...

Attached the revised file...

Thanks for your help, it works now.

I would like to ask some questions for learning purposes:

1. From what I read about CEF, it creates a tree structure to find the best route. Is this correct? If so, I should use the command

ip cef 

to turn it on?

2. When you say that you took all routes, do you mean you deleted all the ip routes or just the static routes?

3. What do you mean when you say you added the IPv6 default routes? What is an IPv6 default routes?

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Rhodo,

Your topology looks fine. It's the routing configuration (or lack thereof) that is causing the problem.

@Georg Pauwen has provided a solution (with revised file); Check his post and mark it as the solution accordingly.

Considering that you're "new to this and do not fully understand the concepts", you did very well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card