Level 1
Level 1

Hey, i have the following Setup:

_______

|--- LAN -----|             |

Router --|                      |SWITCH |

|---WLAN----|_______|

Interfaces:

LAN: connected in switch port GE48 (IPv4 Interface config: 192.168.2.5)

I made a static route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 to the Router (192.168.2.1)

After that i made different VLANS in the Switch, everything is working fine.

Now the problem:

Interfaces GE7-9 are in VLAN 20. 

I connected the WLAN interface to GE7 in the Switch. DHCP for this Interface is activ in the Router! (192.168.10.0/24)

Two Access Point are connected in GE8 and GE9.

Every paket send from an AP to the switch will hop over GE48 back to the Router, instead of using GE7.

My plan is to get into the switch by using two different interfaces of my router and split the physical switch into two switches with different subnets. Paketes coming from LAN (GE48) should get back over the sam Port and paketes from WLAN (GE8) should get back over GE8.

How can i do that?

Thank u

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We know only a little about this situation and need additional information to understand the issue and to give good advice.

- what kind of switch is this?

- is inter vlan routing enabled on the switch? or is inter vlan routing done on the router?

- how is DHCP set up for vlan 20? In particular what is configured as the default router (default gateway for the DHCP clients)?

HTH

Rick

Hey, its a SG350x-48p.
VLAN is managed in the Cisco switch and VLANS can communicate with each other (Firewall-Rules in the Router).
DHCP is set in the Router, its 192.168.20.100 - ...199. Default Gateway is the Router, its 192.168.20.1.

Thank you

I am still not clear about the connectivity. Perhaps it would help if you post the output of show cdp neighbor from the router (and from the switch if it supports this type of command).

HTH

Rick

vencislav.metev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For WLAN if router has an interface in this vlan and switch ports are in the same vlan, they will communicate as you want.

Do the same for LAN but don`t use L3 interface (make GE48 L2 port again). Create a vlan and assign ports which you want to be in LAN vlan to it (GE48 and all other ports which you want in LAN).

If you want you can create L3 vlan (interface VLAN) and assign to it an IP address which you used before at GE48 - IPv4 Interface config: 192.168.2.5

Regards,

Ventsi

Hello

Interfaces GE7-9 are in VLAN 20. 

I connected the WLAN interface to GE7 in the Switch.
Two Access Point are connected in GE8 and GE9.

Every paket send from an AP to the switch will hop over GE48 back to the Router, instead of using GE7.

That is incorrect only packets destined for other vlans will route towards the router intra-vlan communication will NOT do that as all traffic will be switched 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card