Views
Helpful
Replies

2 WANs 1 LAN

d3tonador
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Im wondering if someone can help me configure a way to make some IPs go through WAN1 and someothers IPs (from the same LAN) go through WAN2.

I have been trying for long time now with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

8 Replies 8

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If it is just a single LAN, then PBR would be the obvious solution. With more LANs maybe VRFs; depends on your topology.

What are hardware are you using?

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, thank you for your prompt response!

Im using a Cisco AS520, this are my routing options:

image.png

I did try with routing but still it uses both WANs.

I also tried IPv4 Rules with WAN Alias with no luck.

Any help would be very apreciated!

Hello again,

I've never used an SA520 before or any SA for that matter!

But reading through the cnfig guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/administration/guide/SA500_AG_OL1911404.pdf

..if you configure the 'optional' port a WAN port, you can configure load balancing between the links: page 57

...you then need to configure the protocol bindings: page 60

..under this section you can specify a network range, or subnet. So take you single LAN subnet and split it in two. Hopefully the SA won't notice that the range/subnet overlap the same 'connected' LAN subnet.

good luck!

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, 

I followed your recomendation but no luck.

here is my configuration:

image.png

image.png

image.png

The 2nd hope should be 192.168.36.1 (WAN2).

I checked my ip over the internet, just in case it where related to the protocol but not, it is still showing my ISP WAN1 IP.
What am I missing here?

Hmm, How have you specified the source network, as a host? ie 192.168.15.149/32 ?

Could you try a source network of 192.168.15.128/25 to send the upper half of the connected /24 via the optional WAN interface?

cheers,

Seb.

not possible, only: Any, Sigle or, Range. im trying with single, to check with mine

image.png

From your screenshot it looks like it should be working!

Now we've run out of road with my SA troubleshooting, sorry. :)

Perhaps post the question about the optional WAN the the Small Business Security forum:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-security/bd-p/5901-discussions-small-business-security

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you Seb!! I'll do that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card