Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 IP SLA drops the connections

akaradum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working on a pretty simple configuration; the main idea is to use IP SLA to fire a secondary default route in case the primary one fails. The problem is that some sessions get stuck. Lets say device one on the hq is pinging a device behind this branch 2800. The connection suddenly drops and no transfer between those two devices are possible for like 20-30minutes. But the rest of the system works fine. If we remove the IP SLA parts of the configuration, the system works just fine. But we need the ip sla to provide a backup route. (any other possible ways for that?)

First I though of a nat table problem ( saw a similar situation where a 880 couldn't cleat the nat table resulting in not buing able to use the backup connection for the sessions that are currently active)but there's no nat configuration on any device. Is there any other tables that might get in the way of communication in case the main connection drops?

The connection between the branch and the hq is a point-to-point dsl connection, and route bridge mode needs to be used for that(as far as I know). I'm adding the associated part of the configuration. Thanks to anyone who can offer some support in advance.

version 12.4

!

!

ip cef

!

!

no ipv6 cef

!

multilink bundle-name authenticated

!
controller SHDSL 0/0/0
dsl-group 0 pairs  0
  shdsl rate auto
!
!
!
track 10 ip sla 10 reachability
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
description Local
ip address 172.16.94.1 255.255.255.0
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface ATM0/0/0
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
!
interface ATM0/0/0.1 point-to-point
ip address 10.1.3.102 255.255.255.252
atm route-bridged ip
pvc 0/35
!
!
ip forward-protocol nd
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.3.101 track 10
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.94.20 15
!
!
!
ip sla 10
icmp-echo 10.1.3.101 source-interface ATM0/0/0.1
frequency 5
ip sla schedule 10 life forever start-time now
nls resp-timeout 1
cpd cr-id 1
!

1 Reply 1

t_mcwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Have you thought about using OSPF with the gateway router using "default- information originate" to hand out a default route. Then use a floating static route like you currently have but with a higher metric of 250. If the connection goes down the OSPF adjacency goes away along with the default route. Then floating static route will take over.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card