cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 firmware update

Randy Haddon
Level 1
Level 1

I am needing to udate the firmware that I currently have on a 2811 router it currently has c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T6.bin.  I ahve looked through the download area on Cisco's page but the only thing I could find required 128MB flash and this device only has 64MB.

any suggestions?

thanks

Randy 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you say firmware and then mention the ios flash size are you meaning you are looking for a IOS feature set which supports 64mb flash ?

If you are looking for a IOS update then c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.T4.bin is available which requires 256 dram / 64 mb flash.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Cisco's page but the only thing I could find required 128MB flash and this device only has 64MB.

Upgrade your flash.  It's easy!

1.  WARNING:  NOT ALL CF ARE SUPPORTED;

2.  Maxium size I've tried is 2Gb but some have successfully tried 4Gb;

3.  Insert the new CF into the router and format the CF using the command "format flash:";

4.  Use a media reader (or multi-card reader) and copy the new IOS into the new CF;

5.  Boot from it.

You can go to your local electronic shop and get the CF card of your choice and the media/multi-card reader.

NOTE:  The use of a 3rd part, non-Cisco branded CF is not supported by Cisco. 

When you say firmware and then mention the ios flash size are you meaning you are looking for a IOS feature set which supports 64mb flash ?

If you are looking for a IOS update then c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.T4.bin is available which requires 256 dram / 64 mb flash.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card