cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 reload - startup config not loading

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

When I execute the reload command on my 2811 it loads the correct bin file based on my startup config (see below), however the rest of my config doesn't load.

boot-start-marker
     boot system flash:c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-24.T2.bin
     boot-end-marker

I can see it loading the bin file successfully but then rather than loading the rest of my startup-config it takes me to the initial setup. I don't see any errors. If I do a show start I can see the config I want. Of course, when I do a show run I just see the generic config on a new router. My only workaround now in case the router reboots is to copy the config over the top. Any ideas why it wouldn't fully load my config? By the way, I'm admittedly no network guy but have been tasked with some lab work so excuse me if this is extremely elementary. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ensure that your config-registry is 0x2102.

That may be my issue then. My config-registry is currently set to 0xDE. Any idea on that value?

The config-registry should be 0x2102.

Go to configuration mode and enter the command "config-register  0x2102".

To verify, enter "sh version" and look at the end.  This registry will be used after a router reboot.

Hope this answers your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco