cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 router with dual ISP connection

dsciangula
Level 1
Level 1

I have ordered a 2821 router with the plan to keep my current T1 Internet connection and adding a 6MG Ethernet Internet connection. This router will be connected to an ASA device.

I want to be able to send all email traffic through my current T1 and send all other traffic through the other connection. I believe I can use policy based routing.

Has anyone previously done this and can give me some insight?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi...

i havnt configure such thing but you can tryit out...

for here you have to configure the accesslist wihich permit the SMTP port with any any configuration... and then you have to permit that SMTP accesslist in the route maps using the match list... and then you can set the nex hop option with the interface ip address to which T1 is connected...

hope this will help you

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

In addition to Devang's post. Check below for the configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c60d2.html

You have to ensure what port no. of the email traffic and apply the PBR to the correct incoming interface (e.g. LAN) and point to the correct outgoing (next-hop, i.e. remote IP address or the local interface name).

Hope this helps.

Thanks to you both, I will check out the website and attempt to configure the router when it arrives.

-Dominick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card