cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2911 crashing/hanging

tabian.clough
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2911 router hanging/freezing at random times, could work fine for a week then crash, or sometimes, could only go a few hours, completely random with timing. The onyl fix is to manually pull the power and reinsert.

When this happens, all services/access stop working, including nothing on console access.

This was on 15.2.1.T1 which im aware, has a few bugs, so i upgraded to 15.2.1.T2.

The issue continued, so I swapped out the 2911 with a brand new one. The issue is still present.

One interesting thing, is when the router crashes/freezes, all lights appear to remain on working as usual, but when i unplug any of the ethernet links, the lights still continue to remain flashing and on for the ethernet LEDs, even once i have fully removed the cat6 cable.

thanks,

Tabian

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The issue continued, so I swapped out the 2911 with a brand new one. The issue is still present.

If there are any NM/NME or HWIC/EHWIC, then remove all and reboot the router.

No, there is none

Check the flash if there are any "crashinfo" file(s) or subdirectories.  If there are, post the last four files.

Can you also post the output to the following commands:

1.  dir flash0:

2.  dir flash1:

3.  sh version

Ok, Ive attached those items, you will see im currently running 15.2.1.T1, but i also tried T2 which had the same issue.

You'll also notice it says last reload was reload command, but thats not the case, we just pulled the power out the back.

The attachment doesn't really give me any information.

Is that not what you asked for?

Anyone else any idea?

I think it's time for you to contact Cisco TAC.  It could either be a hardware failure or an IOS bug.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card