Views
Helpful
Replies

2911/k9 lose static routing table entry

Augustgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my cisco router 2911/k9 with release 15.2(4)m6a lose default and static routing table entry every day, and after a reload the entry came back to my routing table.

this is an extract of my config:

!
interface Serial0/0/0:0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 frame-relay lmi-type cisco
!
interface Serial0/0/0:0.1 point-to-point
 ip address  xxxxx.1
 ip access-group 100 in
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 ip inspect cccc in
 no cdp enable
 frame-relay interface-dlci 100   
!
interface Serial0/1/0:0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 frame-relay lmi-type cisco
!
interface Serial0/1/0:0.1 point-to-point
 ip address yyyyy.1
 ip access-group 100 in
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 ip inspect cccc in
 no cdp enable
 frame-relay interface-dlci 100

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxxxx.2
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 yyyyyy.2
and more ip route static specific

Please, Who can help  me? Can be a bug ?

6 Replies 6

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It could be a bug but at this point, I am not that bold to assume that. We need more information.

1. May it be that your Frame Relay connection flaps? Is it possible that your subinterfaces go down? Please check the logs to see if the interfaces or subinterfaces change their status (up/down).
  2. Can you verify the logs if there are any notes of recursive routing?
  3. When you say the router loses the static routes, do they both completely disappear from the routing table? Do they at least stay configured in your running-config?
  4. As a last-resort measure, turn on logging of debugging messages by logging buffered 1000000 debugging and then start the debug ip routing command. This command will cause a debugging message to be recorded every time there is a change to the routing table. At least we will see what event caused the default routes to disappear. You will probably need to run this debug running overnight till the default routes disappear.

Best regards,
Peter

1 the frame relay connection don't flap.

2 wait time for log.

3 they completely disappear from routing table, but stay configured, dissappear static route, default and directly connected route. i don't verify the configuration, but after reload the problem was solved.

4 i wai for log. But i can't see nothing.

Are snmp community protected by ACL? Btw don't use default private/public community.

Also check access-list on line vty.

i put limited access on snmp and vty.

There are strange activity on the internet. Some malware software try to find devices with default community and disable ip routing ;-)

thank you, maybe...

at the moment i wait the event to observe the log.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card