Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x Class of Service

Chad Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having some issues with some citrix sessions over our MPLS network, my AT&T rep says the following:

"All the sites have Cos profiles. You need to tag the traffic and the network will see the markings and support them. Just like the voice, it should be tagged as EF COS1."

How do I tag traffic on my 2960x for COS1? I seen some documentation, but got even more confused.

Thanks,

Chad

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chad

first of all EF is COS 5 which is DSCP 46 not COS1 you might want to check what exactly they want , you can mark the switchport with the below where your citrix server is connected

access port

mls qos cos 5---this will set the value at layer 2 change to whatever you need

set it globally

mls qos

Map the qos to DSCP

mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56 --------maps cos to dscp

Then on the uplinks you can mark

mls qos trust dscp

This will carry it up to your layer 3 router but from there an this is where the bottlenecks can occur you need to mark it in a class- map

the easiest way to do this is match the traffic in a class-map and policy map and match the traffic based on the subnet of the citrix servers in an access-list

this is off my head so may not be 100% accurate but this is what you need to be looking at for the router side on the mpls circuit interface

Class-map match-all CITRIX

match access-group name CITRIX-TRAFFIC

policy-map CITRIXA

class CITRIX

SET dscp 46

Other option under policy-map as well [police the amount of traffic set the amount of bandwidth for Citix etc]

ip access-list extended CITRIX-TRAFFIC

permit 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Only 99% positive, but on a 2960X believe you'll probably need an interface ingress service policy to classify and tag your traffic; this assuming host isn't already tagging as desired.  (BTW routers can often also tag traffic on egress, but I believe most low end switches cannot.)

Years ago, I used AT&T VPN MPLS, and it did support QoS, but back then I don't recall it being on by default, and you had choices for how it was configured.  You might try to further ascertain what AT&T is doing on your MPLS network, and what options you might have for change.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card