cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 upgraded to ipservices not getting routes across WAN

georgebales
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 3650 switches that were purchased with lan base image. we purchased and upgraded the switches to ipservices, and now the switches have been configured with ip routing, eigrp, a WAN vlan and a wan trunk.

when the device is linked up, the wan link shows up and up, as does the wan vlan. but my switch gets no routes from its wan peer.

I can ping the WAN vlan on my own device but not of the WAN peer, a cisco 6509. nor can i see the WAN peer as any type of neighbor, cdp or eigrp.

i've done show license right-to-use command sets and they all show ipservices active and in use, but one; show license right-to-use default shows lan base, which is the only anomaly i see and is what i believe to be the problem.

I have started a TAC case. Has anyone on this forum had similar issues with a 3650 being upgraded to ipservices? I aske the question this way because I have another 3650 in production that was purchased with ipservices, not upgraded by us and it works fine.

OK, thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hello.

Could you provide your TAC ticket number?

here it is:

thank you Vasilii

Hello.

All the symptoms you described, sounds like L2 issue.

Have you had a chance to check interface/trunk/STP status of 6500 for the port? Does your provider (in the middle) see any MACs from 3560 and 6509 sides?

PS: if the issue is severe and you need immediate assistance from TAC - just call CIN and raise ticket severity.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card