cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

37500g-24ts 1.5U

fcfcfc
Level 1
Level 1

Just got a 3750g 24ts-1.5U from IT wholesalers. Trying to get into express. Followed the reset sequence back to unconfigured status, 7 seconds, re-boot, 3 seconds hold to express. To that point all is well. Go to web browser and 10.0.0.1 and I get hit with a level 15 username and password box. IS there some default user and password here? Is there a "deeper" reset?

fcfcfc@prolog.net

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fcfcfc
Level 1
Level 1

The correct default username and password for this switch model after the 7 second reset has been done is:

cisco<CR>

cisco<CR>

This takes you to an information screen regarding various compatibilities and issues on various operating systems, etc.. Continuing from there takes you to the BASIC and ADVANCED screens.

Thanks...

.....Bill

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I hope I don't have to do the old telnet thing. I seem to get from your links, that the default username is cisco, but what is the default password, if any...??..

Hi, 

you can try:

Start a browser session on the PC, and enter the IP address 10.0.0.1. When prompted, enter the default password, cisco.

Please, check this other link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/quick/guide/3750xgsg.html#99038

Regards.

I will have to break it down again and try various combinations of cisco, cisco..

Remember I can't get to the menu screen(s), basic or otherwise. I get hit with that username and password box as soon as I enter 10.0.0.1, instantly, otherwise a blank screen, besides simple small user and password box.

I believe it was "cisco/<ENTER key>".

fcfcfc
Level 1
Level 1

The correct default username and password for this switch model after the 7 second reset has been done is:

cisco<CR>

cisco<CR>

This takes you to an information screen regarding various compatibilities and issues on various operating systems, etc.. Continuing from there takes you to the BASIC and ADVANCED screens.

Thanks...

.....Bill

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card