cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 CPU utilization goes high

c82_patel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3845 Series routers.We are getting CPU Utilization high frequently.

At the time of CPU HIgh.It will give below msges

267 143384208 1064955 134646 94.43% 93.14% 94.52% 0 SNMP ENGINE

This is the IOS.

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(11r)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Please give me suggestion to reduce this CPU utilzation.Due to high utilization our network chocked up frequently

7 Replies 7

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you attach the configuration ??

what you require in configuration?Because I can't give you whole configuration.

I think a good place to start is to issue the command "sh processes cpu" and attach the output.

The configuration usually has "misconfigurations".

The best route is to post a "show tech"

This will mask the passwords unless you issue "show tech password"

I have a 3845 w/ advanced security in production and never push it past 10% (and that's w/ VoIP, Video & 100's of user's transiting)

A

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might check what network management stations (NMS) are polling the router's MIB, what they're polling for, how often the're polling. You might be able to revise how the NMSs are iteracting with your router. You could also might be able to implement a control plane policier and rate-limit SNMP.

You can paste the "show version" & interface running config for all interfaces ?

Complete config would be good , you just have to remove the password statements, & remove any public IP addresses.

kindly check

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco