cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4G LTE Assistance

collins_paul1
Level 1
Level 1

Was hoping someone could assist me with a 4g LTE configuration. and making sure i have the right equipment that i need to set it up. Basically what i am trying to do is we have 2 sites one on a ship and one on shore that will be sending and receiving data to a unmanned surface vehicle. we have our antenna on the ship along with an enodeb and the same on the shore side. To go along with this i  would like to setup a sort of backhaul network between the ship and shore site. my question is what equipment will i need to do so, can i put a router on the ship and shore side to route traffic to the unmanned vehicle as well as from ship to shore, can i use a switch and create a vlan of some sort.

1 Reply 1

Hello,

Cisco has an IP VSAT Satellite WAN Network Module for it's Integrated Services Routers (link attached below). 4G reach is as far as I know only up to something like 10 miles offshore, so I am not sure that will be useful for a ship...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/ip-vsat-satellite-wan-module/product_data_sheet0900aecd804bbf6f.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card