cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5921 startup config script

jbize
Level 1
Level 1

I have a device running Linux and Cisco 5921.  I would like to run a generic script (TCL?) upon startup (system boot) that would then load custom device configurations based on a pre-determined device purpose. 

So for example, I want the c5921 to automatically run "c5921-startup.tcl" but that file may source another file "Router-2.tcl" that configures all the interfaces for "Router-2".

So basically, there might be several pre-configured router files (scripts or configs) and the choice is made by linking a specific file to a specified file name.

I tried using an event manager policy, but I ran into an issue related to the security_level.

I'm not picky as to the mechanism, but I need the router to choose it's configuration at start time without user intervention based on the contents of a unix: file.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

how do you define a 'pre-determined device purpose' ? Whatever script you run, it needs to be triggered by something. EEM can pretty much configure the entire router, but it needs to act upon a parameter...

Let's say the "predefined purpose is being the second router (Router-2) in a particular demonstration scenario (Demo-3).  So for example, I might cd to /opt/cisco/c5921/, link configs/demo-3/router2-config.tcl to "myconfig.tcl", and reboot.

Does that make sense?  I don't care so much about the actual particulars, but I want to change/select the pre-built boot time configuration from Linux, not IOS.

Does anyone have any ideas for accomplishing this?

Anyone?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card