cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5921 startup config script

jbize
Level 1
Level 1

I have a device running Linux and Cisco 5921.  I would like to run a generic script (TCL?) upon startup (system boot) that would then load custom device configurations based on a pre-determined device purpose. 

So for example, I want the c5921 to automatically run "c5921-startup.tcl" but that file may source another file "Router-2.tcl" that configures all the interfaces for "Router-2".

So basically, there might be several pre-configured router files (scripts or configs) and the choice is made by linking a specific file to a specified file name.

I tried using an event manager policy, but I ran into an issue related to the security_level.

I'm not picky as to the mechanism, but I need the router to choose it's configuration at start time without user intervention based on the contents of a unix: file.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

how do you define a 'pre-determined device purpose' ? Whatever script you run, it needs to be triggered by something. EEM can pretty much configure the entire router, but it needs to act upon a parameter...

Let's say the "predefined purpose is being the second router (Router-2) in a particular demonstration scenario (Demo-3).  So for example, I might cd to /opt/cisco/c5921/, link configs/demo-3/router2-config.tcl to "myconfig.tcl", and reboot.

Does that make sense?  I don't care so much about the actual particulars, but I want to change/select the pre-built boot time configuration from Linux, not IOS.

Does anyone have any ideas for accomplishing this?

Anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card