Views
Helpful
Replies

7206vxr IOS 15.2

craig bache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am having an issue with a 7206vxr (NPE-G2) this is running 2gig Dram and 1 Gig flash. The issue is when loading the new 15.2 code it seems to give an error %SYS-3-IMAGE_TOO_BIG but there is more than enough room on the flash. The strange thing is this does not load with the commands below but if I remove the boot statements it will load but still gives me the error %SYS-3-IMAGE_TOO_BIG.

booting from the boot image.

boot-start-marker

boot  system flash disk2:c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.152-4.M2.bin

boot  system flash bootflash:c7200p-kboot-mz.124-4.XD5.bin

boot-end-marker

Router#reload

Proceed  with reload? [confirm]

*Apr   2 18:13:48.211: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by console. Reload Reason:  Reload Command.

System  Bootstrap, Version 12.4(12.2r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical  Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright  (c) 2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Socket  jumper: not present Failsafe jumper: present = normal

FPGA  revision 0x00000026

C7200  platform with 2095104 Kbytes of main memory

Readonly  ROMMON initialized

Self  decompressing the image :  #################################################################################################################################  [OK]

%SYS-4-CONFIG_NEWER:  Configuration from version 15.2 may not be correctly  understood

%SYS-3-IMAGE_TOO_BIG:  'disk2:c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.152-4.M2.bin' is too large for available memory  (46143512 bytes).

%SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL:  disk2:c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.152-4.M2.bin File read failed -- Not enough  space.

%SYS-6-BOOT_MESSAGES:  Messages above this line are from the boot loader.

Self  decompressing the image :  #################################################################################################################################  [OK]

Restricted Rights Legend

Use,  duplication, or disclosure by the Government is

subject  to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph

(c)  of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted

Rights  clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph

(c)  (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Compute

Software  clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

cisco Systems, Inc.

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cisco  IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200P-KBOOT-M), Version 12.4(4)XD5, RELEASE  SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical  Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright  (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled  Tue 19-Dec-06 16:07 by alnguyen

Image  text-base: 0x0000A368, data-base: 0x00C7400

Any help much appreciated.

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try upgrading your bootloader, you are running a very old 12.4(4)XD5 image.

Sounds like a match to:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsh41497

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try upgrading your bootloader, you are running a very old 12.4(4)XD5 image.

Sounds like a match to:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsh41497

Hi

Thank you for the responses, will let you know how I get on....

Regards Craig

cconn
Level 1
Level 1

I concurr on bootloader upgrade needed, I had this exact problem and a bootloader upgrade corrected it.

Hi

Thanks for the response, changing the bootloader has fixed the issue.

Anyone seen the folowing, (this message seems to be happening now)

Readonly ROMMON initialized

Self decompressing the image : ############################################################################################################################## [OK]

*** No sreloc section../VIEW_ROOT/cisco.comp/system-infra/mgmt/logger/syslog/src/syslog.c:3381 Max number of VRF tables cannot be zero!!

Self decompressing the image : ############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################# [OK]

*** No sreloc section

Regards Craig

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card