cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7507 IOS upgrade failure due CIP2

acarbajo
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from version 12.1(21) to 12.1(27b) this error message were posted:

%DBUS-3-NOSUPPORT: No driver support in this image for CIP2 in slot 0 (card type 13) - disabled

%RSP-3-NOSTART: No microcode for CIP2 card, slot 0.

The CIP2 microcode version installed is:cip27-26 wich is correct for IOS 12.1(27b).

We did it on another 7507 wich works as spare of the first and everithing was fine. The same image worked perfectly with cip27-26.

I?m attaching a ??show tech??command output.

Please, could someone let me know what causes this error message?.

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

I would like to see the whole boot log but it is not unusual to see messages like these during the initial boot sequence until the entire IOS is loaded and the configuration is active. This is because some of the line cards and configuration is not recognized by the boot image. Once the full IOS is loaded they can be ignored.

The following URL provides guidelines to help you choose the most appropriate Cisco IOS Software release to meet your needs, and provides suggestions and tools to aid you in your choice please go thought it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_tech_note09186a00800fb9d9.shtml

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card