cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

a Cisco router with multiple DHCP servers and one Cisco layer 3 switch

Mr John
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small business router "Cisco rv134w" with  three VLAN and DHCP server on it and each VLAN on a physical port also I have a cisco layer 3 switch which I want to separate it to three zones for each VLANs, I already try by creating vlan2,3,4 on cisco switch and give them IP address alsofd.png I was using IP helper-address but I have conflicting IP address. Does any solution, please?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Conflicting IP address on VLAN 3,4,5 ? Can you give exmaple, other option is VRF ( again i would like to see your IP range and configuration of Layer3 switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your replay

The nodes get a random IP address, sometime it will get an IP address from DHCP server 1 (192.168.2.x) or DHCP server 2(192.168.3.x) or they don't get any IP address.
about the VRF, I didn't find this feature, Cisco RV134W 

Hello,

it is unclear what you have actually configured. Is the RV134W the DHCP server ? Are DHCP server 1 and DHCP server 2 external devices, and if so, how are they connected (to the RV134W or the layer 3 switch) ?

In short, post a detailed schematic drawing of your topology. Where are the ip helper addresses configured, on the SVIs of the layer 3 switch ?

sorry for the fuzzy explanation, RV134W is the router, DHCP and VLANs on it, as you see the router have three eth ports and each of them dedicated to a VLAN and the eth ports connected to a layer3 switch,
the IP helper-address configured on the switch.
you can see the full detail about VLAN and DHCP configuration in this link
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb2687-configure-virtual-local-area-network-vlan-membership-on-an-r.html

Hello,

the IP addresses for the VLAN interfaces are configured on the RV134W ? What role does the layer 3 switch play, why do you need a layer 3 switch ?

thanks,
yes, about layer 3 switch, I have three VLANs and one switch, I can not use a layer 2 switch.

We do not have enough information to understand your environment or what is your basic issue. Please provide the configuration of the router and switch, and also explanation of which interfaces connect to which devices.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card