cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A rack mounted VDSL2 modem router - Is there such a product in Cisco?

Hiddai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm going to replace my simple modem router that I get from my ISP (Basic Phone Infrastructure)

I have a difficulty to find a modem router that has:

• VDSL2\ADSL2+ modem
  • Be able to work with the ISP phone infrastructure
  • (I think it is Annex M not sure... - here in our country the ISP left the ISDN lines behind, they work with VDSL and Fiber) 
  • Be able to configure it to work VS my ISP service (just like my old modem) 
  • Gigabit Ethernet ports (4, or 8 ports, the amount of ports is not important) 10/100/1000Mbps
  • FANLESS
  • Wired (Not Wireless) 
  • Can mount into a rack

Is there such a product in Cisco? If so, can I get a link to such products?

6 Replies 6

My current modem is connected with RJ-11 cable to the Telephone socket in the wall 

How can I connect the RJ-11 cable to one of the routers listed in the Data Sheet (assume that C927-4PM is the closet model to my needs)?

if the annexure M, that is only model you have,  you can also buy other models depends on the budget and you can buy VIC Module

example :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-733645.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm sorry, I didn't understand from your last response if I can connect RJ-11 cable to one of the 900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr devices. Can I? Since I didn't see any mention to that port in the specifications.

Hello,

on a side note, the RJ-11 POTS/xDSL will be the most limiting factor. I know there are plenty of (cheap) RJ-11 to RJ-45 connectors/converters available. If you get that to work, your router model options are a lot less limited.

As for the rack mount, you can get a rack mount kit for the smaller models (such as the one in the link below):

https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/19-inch-rackmount-kit-for-cisco-927-series-routers/9200000131345611/

In second thought:

When do I need: 

• 2 sperate devices: modem + router
  • 1 device - modem router

OR:

What is the recommended Network structure:

(Modem) > (Router) > (Switch)

(Modem router) > (Switch)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card