Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN router ASR-1001-HX vs. C8500-12X

For a project I thought the ASR1001-HX would be the right one but then I noticed that the C8500-12X might be a good alternative. The choice would be to configure it without any Cisco automated tool, sorry guys

I'm new to computation for the memory required by the full BGP table, should it retained w/o any problems by eiother one right?

Also the C8500-12X is a bit cheaper, though by a 10%.

Are we missing anything in terms of accessories and licensing to determine the GPL final price? Will the C8500-12X be cheaper?

TIA

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C8500-12X  - new portfolio of cisco - it gives more performance than ASR .

Look some FAQ will help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8500-series-edge-platforms/q-and-a-c67-744086.html

C8500 more of like ASR 

The Catalyst 8500L Edge Platform features an x86 based platform architecture that is purpose built to continue delivering the same experience as an ASR1000 platform. The Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms are compact 1RU devices with flexible interface options, including 1GE, 10GE, 40GE, and 100GE ports. Powered by Cisco IOS XE, fully programmable software architecture, and API support, these platforms can facilitate automation at scale to achieve zero-touch IT capability while migrating workloads to the cloud.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji,

so basically the C8500-12X won't be able to work as standlone only if connected to the DNAC?

I spot this Q/A in the doc whose link you gave me

Q.  Are the Cisco ASR 1000 perpetual licenses compatible with Cisco Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms?
A.   No, Cisco Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms are Cisco DNA subscription-only platforms.

Is that the answer to my question about price?

Thx

Sure Agreed, this is new product most use cases were SD-WAN or SD based setup

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

--> All Cisco Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms are offered only with a Cisco DNA Software subscription. Only Cisco DNA Advantage and Cisco DNA Premier are available for the Cisco Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms.

I have checked on the pricing for the DNA license, the 'L-DNA-C8500' SKU is listed as $0.00 everywhere (which I guess means it is free) ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card