cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About ISR3k Azure VPN using IOS 15.1(4)M6.

Takuro Moriyama
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I'd like to connect the Azure Cloud using a my ISR3k
according to this link: https://github.com/Azure/Azure-vpn-config-samples/tree/master/Cisco/Current/ISR, this link said that the ISR router is able to connect the Azure Cloud.

My ISR 3k is installed IOS 15.1(4)M6.
Is this IOS 15.1(4)M6 able to connect the Azure cloud using vpn ?
My concerned that the above link's sample config using ISR 2900(IOS 15.1).

I appreciate your time in advance.

Best regards,
takuro.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for azure typically what happens is you set up a VPN IPSEC tunnel to it either across the internet or across a semi-trusted MPLS network. Any device that supports IPSEC (IKev1 but preferrably ikev2), and BGP (predomintaly) should be able to connect you to Azure.   what are you trying to use? a 3900 series? or 4000 series?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I think so too. My Cisco ISR 3900 Router probably will be able connect to the Azure VPN using IPSEC (BGP is not use.).

It is written on the below link that the Cisco ISR 2900 router be able to connect it.

-Web Link: https://github.com/Azure/Azure-vpn-config-samples/blob/master/Cisco/Current/ISR/cisco-isr-ios-15.1-Route_Based.txt

OK, I'll try it.
Thank you for the useful advice.

Best regards,
takuro.

if you run into trouble getting the tunnel established, send us the config and debug crypto isakmp and ipsec and add to the so we can analyse

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card