cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL with 4G configuration

mamuwahig1
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a search on here have not found anything.  I was curious if anyone had a sample configuration that has both an ADSL and 4G conntions.  The ADSL needs to be done with an external modem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mamu

2 Replies 2

Good time-of-day.

I had an experience implementing ADSL with external ADSL modem in bridged mode.

If provider requires you to run PPPoE, then be aware, that sometimes provider's DSLAM implementation is not perfect, so Cisco devices sometimes looses PPP session.

If ADSL do not require PPP, than external modem is like Ethernet direct connection to ISP, so on cisco there is no need for any special configuration.

4G connection is not too complex, use Dialer interface for connection.

Sometimes 3G/4G connection hangs, so you could (if that is your case) need EEM to reset it on some trigger.

I found useful implementation guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/SBA/August2012/Cisco_SBA_BN_VPNRemoteSiteOver3G4GDeploymentGuide-Aug2012.pdf; there is an example for 3G/4G with VRF (if needed).

Please decribe what for are you going to use the WAN connections.

Do you have any actual config you would be willing to share.  I am new to this and need some help to get started.

I will be using a plain residential ADSL line with a dynamic IP and a 4G card.  The ADSL line will use AT&T's standard DSL modem.

Thanks,

Mamu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card