Advertise default route to two networks simultaneously and be backups of ea

juan-ruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my scenario:

Location A called Corporate

Location B Called Colo

Location C called MPLS Cloud

At Corporate I have one Cisco ASA 5510 running OSPF, one layer 3 switch running OSPF, and a non Cisco router on the MPLS network for the satellite offices. The non Cisco router runs OSPF on the LAN and BGP on the WAN.

At the layer 3 switch there is a Metro Ethernet connection to the Colo.

There is also a MPLS router at the colo too running ospf and a Cisco ASA 5510 at the colo running OSPF.

The ultimate goal is to have corporate users use the internet out of the corporate office, and the satellite users coming from the MPLS and servers located at the colo use the internet out of the COLO.

If my ASA at the colo should fail I would like the corp ASA to be my backup and if my corp ASA should fail I would like the colo ASA to be my backup.

What would be the best approach to for this type of setup?

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan,

If both ASA redistribute the default route using E1 type, local routers should prefer local gateways.

Routers in Colo should see the default route from Corporate but with a higher metric as the one received from COLO ASA and the opposite at the Corporate site.

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card