Views
Helpful
Replies

Aggregate Throughput (Performance License) ISR 4451

TheChosenOne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

So I am looking for a few hours now after the right document from Cisco that explains properly what "Aggregate Throughput" is for their ISR routers.

For example I am interested in an 4451 router, which by default comes with 1 Gbps Aggregate Throughput. 

This aggregate throughput is per interface (500 up 500 down) ? or per box and shared between all the interfaces ?

24.JPG

Thanks,

N

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My understanding it's per box. I.e. it should be the sum of all interface ingress or all interface egress.

Shankarnarayan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Aggregate throughput on the CPU of the box across all ingress and egress interfaces

Is there any official documentation from Cisco available with that explanation of throughput licensing that I can reference? Thanks in advance. 

h.thiele
Level 1
Level 1

Traffic Charged Against The License

• All egress traffic sent to a physical interface (except management interface GigabitEthernet 0)
  • Traffic through the UCS-E on the internal Service Module (logically it is an external device)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers/217135-performance-license-on-cisco-isr4000.html#anc15

BTW, that's the same reference provided by pman, to which I referred.

Umesh Shetty
Level 1
Level 1

It's the aggregate of the traffic received ingress on all interfaces combined irrespective of the fact whether it's processed and sent out any other interface or punted to cpu and drops on the router cpu itself

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: