cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply an eval license to CSR1000V in Smart License mode - Impossible?

We need to test running our Azure CSR 1000V instance with 2.5Gb license vs. our current 1Gb license to see if this improves throughput in our scenario.

I’ve generated a 2.5Gb  eval license, but can’t seem to apply it to the CSR (16.10.01b) as it runs in the ‘smart license mode’.

I cant apply standard aka CSL license if a router in smart license mode. I cant convert eval license to smart license. I cant switch the router to the standard license mode.

Have a support ticket opened with Cisco for several days now to no avail.

Update: had an eval license added to my smart account by Cisco support. I guess this is the way to go now.

1 Reply 1

ronerf
Level 1
Level 1

This is the process now to set up Smart Licensing for your account, which then allows you to generate tokens to use in the router. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/smart-licensing/qsg/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart_chapter_01.html#id_73526

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: