Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying route-map to BDI interface

Amos Kafwembe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am moving configurations from a Cisco 7200 to an ASR 920. I have some sub interfaces on the 7200 and have noticed the 920 doesn't take the sub-interfaces so i had to use service instances/ BDI as below. question is, I have route maps on my sub interfaces on the 7200.... how and where do i apply the route-maps on the 920 BDI? could it be my IOS version?

On 7200 rtr

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 no ip address
 ip route-cache flow
 load-interval 30
 duplex full
 speed auto
 media-type rj45
 negotiation auto
 fair-queue
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1.50
 encapsulation dot1Q 50
 ip address 21.19.3.1 255.255.255.240
 ip policy route-map CACHE

On ASR920

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
  no ip address
 negotiation auto
 service instance 1 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 50
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 50
 !

interface BDI50
 ip address 21.19.3.1 255.255.255.240

sh ver ==> on this version i get

hostname(config-if)#ip policy ?
% Unrecognized command

"bootflash:/asr920-universalk9_npe.03.15.00.S.155-2.S-std.b

sh ver

on this one hostname(config-if)#ip policy ?
  route-map  Policy route map

"bootflash:/asr920-universalk9_npe.03.16.00.S.155-3.S-ext.bin"

17 Replies 17

Hi,

so after much Tshooting I finally managed to get this working. Everything i did was correct but apparently, on the Cisco ASR920 series, in order for PBR to work you have to put the config "sdm prefer video" the router will reload after 2 minutes and load the "video" template Nb; PBR will only work with a "video" template!

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/iproute/iri-xe-3s-asr920-book/iri-xe-3s-asr920-book_chapter_01.html

Thanks for sending an update for this discussion. I am glad to know that you found the solution and that it is now working. I am surprised that the issue turned out to be sdm template. Your post may be quite helpful to anyone else trying to do PBR on ASR920. +5 to you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

If it is transparent then it should not need to tell the ASR about the networks below it as the ASR would have L3 interfaces for those networks and should know about them anyway.

As Rick suggests, what is the default gateway on clients behind the bandwidth manager ?

On a more general note which part of the PBR is not actually working as I cannot seem to pinpoint exactly where the problem is at the moment.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card