cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 - Only one specific computer is able to get an ip. All other devices trying to connect freak out?

ggill
Level 1
Level 1

So I never had this problem with an ASA 5505 firewall before. Only one specific computer can get an IP address and internet access when connected to the firewall. When I try to connect any other devices, the firewall freaks outs. I can see the lights flashing on the Ethernet port on the firewall and laptop but the laptop will not be assigned an ip address.

I tried having the client connect the laptop to all the ports and even tried another laptop, it also was not able to be assigned an ip address. Only that one computer is able to get an ip address.

I logged into the firewall through ASDM, had the client hook up the laptop to the firewall (port 2 for reference sake). In the logs I would see:

Ethernet state changed from up to down - This was spammed constantly for a few seconds and the Source & Destination IP would be blank.

When the client connected the original computer that is able to get an ip and internet access. Everything is all smooth in the logs, the computer is able to get an internal IP of 172.25.62.9. But if ANY other device is connected to the firewall, it cannot get an ip, even with the original computer disconnected. The gateway in the ASDM shows its up as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the config file.

1 Reply 1

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

this is a very strange issue.

could you try to assign static IP on other PC that don't work and ping the GW 172.25.62.1.

is the ASA in production? i would suggest scheduling a maintenance window and try to reboot it.

if issue persist, i suggest to do an image upgrade.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card