cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Firewall. Ping replies getting dropped.

john14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, I am currently having a minor issue with the ASA Firewall i cant get the ping reply to get through the firewall. It might be the NAT issue but i cant tell because i am too inexperienced. I can see the packets going past the firewall and whenever it comes right back it drops the packet. Can you guys help me figure out what is the issue? Thank you in advanced for the help. I really appreciate it.. Below is the File that i am currently using.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BryanHefner2568
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot ping your outside interface from your inside network. This is by design. ASA will only respond to ICMP traffic from the interface it came in on. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

BryanHefner2568
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot ping your outside interface from your inside network. This is by design. ASA will only respond to ICMP traffic from the interface it came in on. 

thank your time and response , i just realised that yes ASA Firewall should block anything that comes from the outside network. i am planning to add a DMZ on the test area two, would the pc from test area one able to communicate with the server if the ASA Firewall drops any packet coming from outside??? or can i use access-list to allow it? Please let me know. Thank you in advanced.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card