Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN connection to only single server

GR1111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

If someone can help me with this issue.

- I need to make connection in Cisco ASA, to connect VPN user to only single one server.

We have many servers on our network, and need to make profile to certain one user to use only one specific server Via VPN outsite connection.

He need to be connected to only that server, and not be able to see other servers on LAN network.

How to do this? Please someone help.

I have created that specific user in our AD group, he has access to log to our network via VPN connection.

Please help with step by step guide.

Very much thank you.

Gordan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gordan

There are several ways that you could achieve your requirement to limit what this one users can access, such as using vpn filter, but I will suggest that the better solution would be to  use Dynamic Access Policy. When you use DAP it can look into the authentication information from AD and identify the specific user and then can apply an access policy that is unique to that user which would permit that user to access only the server that you identify.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gordan

There are several ways that you could achieve your requirement to limit what this one users can access, such as using vpn filter, but I will suggest that the better solution would be to  use Dynamic Access Policy. When you use DAP it can look into the authentication information from AD and identify the specific user and then can apply an access policy that is unique to that user which would permit that user to access only the server that you identify.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Rick for your help.

After I have configured connection, and tested that is working fine. This is what I got from end user.

He is able to connect with VPN, and he can only access server 192.168.80.20 / His user and pass are OK.

'' I checked and concluded the following . Address which should be address to me ( 192.168.80.20 ) after establishing a VPN, assigned to me . With that I lost and all other network connections to the rest of my local network and the rest of the world (including your domain) . So not good . Be sure to keep in mind that establishing a VPN connection does not violate other network settings that I need ( I need to have the possibility of access my network over your VPN)''

Does this mean that he got assigned IP address x.x.80.20 ?

What am I doing wrong and where?

Thank you.

Gordan

It is difficult for me to understand much of what he says. But I do not believe that it says that he was assigned x.x.80.20.

His comment about losing connection to his local network and to the outside suggests that you have configured this VPN to tunnel everything. And when you tunnel all traffic it does frequently result in losing connection to the remote local lan and perhaps losing Internet connectivity. There is an option in configuring the VPN to allow connectivity to the local lan and there is an option in configuring the VPN to allow Internet connectivity (perhaps by configuring split tunneling or by providing a default route for tunneled traffic). Whether it is appropriate to use these features will depend on your security policy.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Richard,

I got it up and running what I needed, the entire catch was making Split Tunnel, and assigning specific user over RADISU server, so he can connect to specific server.

Its ok now.

I have another Help question.

I need to have Logging message  send to me, or specific email, witch will tell me, or notice me when a certain VPN user, and VPN s-t-s, has connected to network and our ASA. and when he has finish session. 

I have try everything, but I can not get it running. 

Where is catch?

Thank you

Gordan

I am glad that you got your user working as required using Radius to assign the user and by specifying split tunneling.

Getting notice when a particular user connects via VPN or when a particular site to site VPN comes up may be a bit tricky. I am not aware of a direct way to do it on the ASA. At one time I worked with a customer whose Network Management System received notices when site to site VPNs went down or came up. If you have a NMS monitoring your ASA you might be able to get it to generate a notice to you.

The other alternative that occurs to me is to use EEM to generate the notice, assuming that the version of ASA code that you are running has support for EEM. EEM can check syslog messages for certain content (I have used the syslog message that is generated when a VPN user is assigned an IP address) and when EEM sees that message for that user then it can generate a notice to you.

HTH

Rick  

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card