cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001-x throughput

satish.txt1
Level 1
Level 1

ASR 1001-x comes with 2.5 default throughput, We are planning to terminate 10G link on ASR1001-x but we have legit traffic only 1G but sometime we getting 5GB around DDoS so if i use ACL to drop that bad traffic on ingress interface in that case how does 2.5G restricted throughput will affect me? 

Does cisco restrict throughput based on ingress traffic or egress traffic? 

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2.5 is the total throughput of the box which includes ingress and egress interfaces.

HTH

This is what i found. Doesn't it saying it apply only to egress?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

My understanding has been ASRs bandwidth limit apply to bandwidth crossing the backplane, but counting the aggregate of egress is about the same.  In either case, I would think bandwidth blocked by an interface ingress filter shouldn't count.

You mean say, in my case i don't need to buy $20k license to get 10GE throughput because my requirement is all about dropping bad traffic at ingress interface while we under attack, and legit traffic is around 1Gbps only (egress). 

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Correct, as that's how I understand it should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco