Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1002-HX port upgrade license

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I am trying to search 10G port upgrade license installation steps for ASR 1002-HX  but not able to get any cisco document. 

Also need to know if there is any reload require for port upgrade license. 

Please help me with my query.

Regards,

Dinesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@dinesh joshi wrote:

As per my understanding of document we dont need to install, only need to purchase and port can be use.

Correct.  The first 4 x SFP & SFP+ ports are "active".  The next two pairs of two ports are pay-as-you-grow.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read Port Licensing for the Cisco ASR 1002-HX Router and it states:  

10GE ports 0–3 can be enabled by default.

image.png

Hello Leo,

Thanks for your response. I gone through this page earlier also. As per this page for first 4 * 10G port no license require. But for remaining 4 * 10G port license is require.

No where it is mention how to install those license. Even i tried command in ASR 1002-HX and command only works for crypto throughput upgrade.

As per this document it seems we can use remaining 4 * 10G port without any license installation. Port will be showing as EVAL and after eval time it will be showing as RTU. License can be purchased but no need to install.

The SKU for additional 10 Gbps ports is "FLSA1-HX-2X10GE".  I believe one "FLSA1-HX-2X10GE" will activate ports 4 & 5.  If you need more, then another "FLSA1-HX-2X10GE" will activate the port 6 & 7. 

Hope this helps.

@dinesh joshi wrote:

No where it is mention how to install those license.

Contact the Licensing Team and they will have instruction on how to install or activate the license PAK.

Thanks Leo for your swift response. I agree with you on this. Do you see any installation in router is require for license.

As per my understanding of document we dont need to install, only need to purchase and port can be use.

we get the license as Right-to-Use are kind of the licenses in good-faith from Cisco that customers will finally purchase it.

@dinesh joshi wrote:

Correct.  The first 4 x SFP & SFP+ ports are "active".  The next two pairs of two ports are pay-as-you-grow.  

thanks Leo for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card