Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1002-X SW from XE Version 03.12.00.S to Version 17.03.05

DanDan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Yesterday during the upgrade I came across an issue when upgrading ASR1002-X.

The router was running version 03.12.00.S, with rommon version 15.2(4r)S1.

In a routers bootflash I had couple of images, the target one version 17.03.05 and rollback plan for version 16.12.07 and also a rommon version 17.3(1r).

I did upgrade of rommon and reloaded, after it came back I was unable to access to router with the correct credentials. Torubleshooting started.

I later realized that after the rommon upgrade the router was unable to load the previous image version 03.12.00.S, so instead it booted with image in the bootflash, version 16.12.07 which was my rollback plan. However still credentials not working, encryption changed with new version most likely and I will know next time. The issue was because of a bug CSCvg37458.

The question I have, next week I will have upgrade on a very same type of router, once I upgrade the rommon, can I also set the target image to boot with the first reload? This way I would prevent this issue and have it done in one reload. Would this work?

I searched thru documents, but honestly have a hard time to find exactly what I need.

Thank you so much for your support in advance.

Daniel.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does the router have RP1 or RP2?

Hi Leo,

The router have RP1.

Thanks Leo.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card