cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9902 - Lightspeed LC - Maximum BGP Table Size/Max Prefixes?

network_baba
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to find documentation from cisco that outlines what the BGP table max size is along with IPv4 and IPv6 maximum prefixes for the ASR 9902 platform.

I can only find old ASR 9K documentation that is calling out 1048576 maximum prefixes for BGP table size, for I am assuming the FIB.

Can anyone point me to this specific documentation? Something newer for XR 7.5.X plus ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

network_baba
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone else was looking for this information. I talked with Cisco TAC XR team on this question and this is what they told me...

ASR 9902 Lightspeed Based Platform

BGP Route Scale Table Limits - RIB

1. 47M IPv4 Routes
  2. 25M IPv6 Routes

FIB Route Scale Limit

1. 6M IPv4 Routes
  2. 6M IPv6 Routes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/routing/configuration/guide/rcasr9kbgp.html#wp1088375

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello @marce1000 ,

This document is very old and is referring to 512K maximum routes for the ASR 9K platform which is presumably referring to really old ASR9K hardware with the Trident base line cards.

network_baba
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone else was looking for this information. I talked with Cisco TAC XR team on this question and this is what they told me...

ASR 9902 Lightspeed Based Platform

BGP Route Scale Table Limits - RIB

1. 47M IPv4 Routes
  2. 25M IPv6 Routes

FIB Route Scale Limit

1. 6M IPv4 Routes
  2. 6M IPv6 Routes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card