cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR - Auto reload due to Watchdog

yarringtonj
Level 1
Level 1

We just experienced this the bug that cause our ASR 1002-X to reload randomly and the last reload reason was Watchdog.   What causes this and what version of code is recommended to fix this.  

The bug ID didn't show this version as having this bug, but it also seems like the bug is very new.

Code version: Version 15.3(1)S1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

3 Replies 3

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please share the logs from the crash. There should also be a crashinfo file and/ a kernel core file that might be generated

Please share the same.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

My limit to attach is 1GB and the file zipped is 1.28GB.  Is there a good way to pull out the information from the core file that is relevant? 

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would move to a gold star release of code before doing anything. At a minimum, at least go to the latest patch level in the train you are using, just to get rid of all the known bugs that have already been fixed.

In your case I would upgrade to either 3.13.5S  or 3.16.2S.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284146581&softwareid=282046477&release=3.16.2S&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

I'm going to guess there is an 80% chance this will resolve your issue, so I wouldn't waste too much time until you have at least done this.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card