Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1000 pppoe burstable bandwidth

tholog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure asr1000 as bras with dynamic download traffic police map

For example 50mbps as a peak speed, but when the traffic stuck at full speed for 5 minutes will be dropped to 30mbps till the traffic slowing down less 30mbps then reset the traffic counter again, so the limit back to 50mbps again.

9 Replies 9

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm, believe I understand what you want to accomplish but also believe what you've described, as described, might be impossible or very difficult to accomplish.

Cisco's police statement might not support a 5 minute period.  In the past, peak/burst shaping/policing didn't work as I expected.  Then what you've described may not work exactly as you want.

For example, what exactly does policing for 50 or 30 Mbps mean, to you?

Hello,

If we have 50mbps package, I don’t want the client to get this speed as a leased line, in case of heavy download to wait for 5 minutes or 10 minutes after that to slow down the speed to 30mbps till the downloading stop, after that the speed go back to 50mbps as normal

so you have peak 50mbps speed for 5 or 10 minutes only but the real speed is 30mbps

I thought I understood what you've wanted to accomplish.  With you reply, now I don't, sorry.

What's a "50mbps package"?  What's "real speed is 30mbps"?

BTW, what's actual link's/interface's "speed"?

50mbps package is (30mbps normal speed but allows burst to 50mbps for 2-5 minutes) 

Okay, think I understand now.  Your "package" is a service level you're trying to provide.  I.e. you get 30 Mbps all the time; up to 50 Mbps for something like 2 to 5 minutes, and if you use your whole 50 Mbps for the whole time limit, you're restricted to 30 Mbps until you your usage rate drops below 30 Mbps.  Do I have the right?

Again, what's actual link's/interface's "speed"?  The link in question only physically support 50 Mbps (which would be rather unusual) or does it support, perhaps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, etc.?  Are you looking to only have one package active per link, or multiple concurrent packages?  E.g. two could care share 100 Mbps.

Yes you’re right 

Interface is 10gb and  multiple service on it. I don’t want to configure anything on interface, only on the pppoe services

Alright, believe I do, again, understand what you want to accomplish.

That said, don't know a sure way to accomplish your goals using features just available in the ASR 1K, itself.

Also, again, I think it might be possible using some form of EEM, but, again too, not certain.

Your question/goal is more of the type of question that might be better posted in the Service Providers Forums, as it's more the kind of issue they too need to deal with.  For example, they might know of external packages, working with your ASR, that might support the kind of customer <> bandwidth-management you need.

tholog
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Could you provide example how to do that with EEM

Will ACL help in this case?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card