SAM R.
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of ASR1006 routers each that have the following hardware:

ASR1006 chassis

ASR1000-rp2 route-processor (slot0) 

ASR1000-ESP40

ASR1000-2T+20X1GE 

When booting one of the ASR1006 chassis #1, everything boots fine with console access.  However, when booting ASR1006 chassis #2, I get a critical alarm and a red status  light which indicates there was a system failure @ power up.  I am unable to see the output from the console:

For the console, I have tried the following: setting up a console connection with default settings 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, parity non, and flow control none.  I have also tried multiple speeds (baud) just in case the the speed was changed on the router.  Either way I get not console.  It is possible, that someone has configured the no exec command on the console which could also have disabled this console connection.  Since I cannot see the console output, I am not able to find out what errors are occurring nor am I able to do a password recovery.  I have tried a hard shutdown of the router and sending a break signal to the console, but got not response.  My last attempt will be to switch out the RP from the ASR1006 chassis#1 or use a different slot for the RP that is in  chassis that is failing.  I will try this when I get back to work.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If there is no console access you see while powered on, then this need to be raised a TAC case, if the product service effecting due to this.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If there is no console access you see while powered on, then this need to be raised a TAC case, if the product service effecting due to this.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Organize with TAC to get router #2 RMA-ed.

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
RMA is the best solution for this type of hardware failed.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar
Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: