Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM IMA support on VWIC2-2MFT-G703

lee.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been advised by my service provider that to do ATM IMA I need an AIM-ATM and a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card,  and that IMA is not support on the VWCI2-2MFT-G703 card.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link, but could you please advise where in that document it states that the VWIC2-2MFT-G703 does not work with IMA,  I can only see that it is not available to be purchased in a bundle with an AIM-ATM, but that in itself does not mean it won't work.

Thanks

Lee

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

If you take a look at the VWIC2-2MFT2-G703, it shows a list of supported features, ATM IMA is not one of them hence it is not supported. Another indicator is that it is not listed as a bundle. When looking at these documents they list what is supported.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Do you have any other document that lists the supported features, I don't see in your previous link where it states that the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 supports ATM-IMA.

Also,  the data sheet for the VWIC2 cards states the following which seems to indicate to me that all capabilities in the T1/E1 card are supported in the G703 card.

T1/E1 data---The  Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting  T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing),  fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote  management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for  T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.

• E1/G.703 data---The  Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting  T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing),  fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify  remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The  G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

The VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E are part of the bundle AIM-ATM-4T1/E1 which replaced the older IMA modules hence it is

supported.

The pdf file below shows which modules are supported per platform

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/aag_c07_563807.pdf

EOS has been announced on the bundles

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/eol_c51_633170.html

I do not see any documentation that specifically states IMA is supported on the VWIC2-2MFT2-G703.

Generally customers implement IMA on one of the bundles. I went back and looked at some old cases in the database and found a couple customers have implemented IMA successfully on G703.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card