Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Back Up Commands(ACE,Firewall,ISE,ACS)

Need to back up of the IOS images of these devices ACE,Firewall,ISE,ACS, Is similar to Router and switch or its different. Please share the  Back up of IOS image command for the Above devices..

Explanation of commands and step by step procedure will be helpful..( Snap shots are also helpful to me for better understanding). Since i need to do this Production network..

4 Replies 4

any one ?

any one help me for these commands?

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dinesh,

For ISE, to perform a backup including Cisco ISE and Cisco ADE OS data and place the backup in a repository, use the backup command in EXEC mode.

Before attempting to use the backup command in EXEC mode, you must copy the running configuration to a safe  location, such as a network server, or save it as the Cisco ISE server  startup configuration. You can use this startup configuration when you  restore or troubleshoot Cisco ISE from the backup and system logs.

backup [{backup-name} repository {repository-name} ise-config encryption-key hash | plain {encryption-key name}]

backup [{backup-name} repository {repository-name} ise-operational encryption-key hash | plain {encryption-key name}]

Syntax Description

backup-name

Name of backup file. Supports up to 100 alphanumeric   characters.

repository

Specifies repository to store the back up file.

repository-name

Location where the files should be backed up to. Supports   up to 80 alphanumeric characters.

ise-config

Backs up Cisco ISE configuration data (includes Cisco ISE   ADE-OS).

ise-operational

Backs up Cisco ISE operational data.

encryption-key

Specifies user-defined encryption key to protect the   backup.

hash

Specifies (Hashed encryption key for protection of backup)   an encrypted (hashed) encryption key that follows. Supports up to 40   characters.

plain

Specifies (Plaintext encryption key for protection of   backup) an unencrypted plaintext encryption key that follows. Supports   up to 15 characters.

encryption-key name

An encryption key in hash | plain format for backup.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card