Views
Helpful
Replies

backup internet link config.

hanyawad
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have two internet links each of which from different ISP and different real ip addresses.

Want to make the second backup internet work for Internal and external (AnyConnect) users.

my question:  is that applicable to register single A record with different real ip addresses?

and also is the AnyConnect method the best solution for them?

note: i have single firewall 5520 behind the cable modems.

thanks and appreciate your prompt help.

regards,

Labib

3 Replies 3

Is it possible for you to get same real IPs from both ISP and run BGP to prefer the best path.

Hi syed,

thanks for your reply! i think it is not possible because each ISP has its own defined IPs block. and also i'm concerning the external access in other words the connections from inside to outside will not a problem becasue i think it can be handled by IPSLA and tracking commands. but the big matter is the comming connections from outside to my intenal resources.

Makar

Mitchell Dyer
Level 1
Level 1

You'll either need to use BGP as previously mentioned or use a Dynamic DNS service of some kind. I've never been able to get the ASA to register natively with a DDNS service but most have a client you can install on a workstation/server that will do the trick.

If you want to get really fancy you can add a CNAME record that points to the DDNS record.

This in conjunction with IPSLA should provide a solution.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card