Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Routing question

ittechk4u1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello experts,

I got IP address from ISP to configure point to point connection .

But we requested to use 8 public ip address so ISP gave one point to point IP and rest 8 with complete diff IP range:

PUBLIC1: ISP for point 2 point: 197.36.128.214/30 , 197.36.128.213 is used on ISP device

PUBLIC2: for more 8 public IP address: 197.36.128.160/29

and ISP told that he routed PUBLIC2 network over PUBLIC 1

so How I should configure my router to get access to internet ...

Thanks in advance.

21 Replies 21

If all of the addresses provided are public, no NAT is required. You have a /30 facing the Internet provider, so if your WAN interface is .214, then your gateway is .213.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.213

still its not working:

here is the config attached..

Jose Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

You may configure a loopback interface with 197.36.128.161/29 and used as source interface to tunnel, also configure Nat over that interface.

I didn't read the before posts.

When you configure the tunnel with tunnel protection profile it looks like you are trying to implement VTI which does provide IPsec encryption of the traffic without requiring crypto maps which the traditional IPsec requires. When I have implemented VTI I have also included this command in the tunnel config

tunnel mode IPsec ipv4

Here is a link to a forum discussion about VTI which I hope you may find helpful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/vpn/router-vpn-vti-configuration-adding-a-third-site-router/td-p/2829996

It is not clear to me which interface on your router is intended to carry the tunnel traffic. G0/0 has a public IP and an ACL for internet traffic. So I thought perhaps it is this one but the interface is shutdown. G0/1 has a public IP and no ACL. But since it is the one not shutdown I guess this is the one being used.

The config for the remote router is clear that it is using G0/0 for its tunnel traffic and does have an ACL inbound on the interface. You have not shown that ACL but I am guessing that it is similar to the ACL shown on your router. I believe that your issue may be that when you use the tunnel protection profile that the tunnel traffic is no longer carried as GRE traffic. As a test I suggest that you add a line in the ACL on each router that permits any ip traffic between the tunnel source and destination addresses. Give that a try and let us know if the behavior changes.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks.

could you please check my attached config in above post and provide me the sample config!!!!!

I made a suggestion about including the command

tunnel mode IPsec ipv4

under the tunnel configuration. And a suggestion about adding a line to the internet acl. It is not clear whether you have done these or not.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card