Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Active Status

azad4frnd1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have bGP Active issue the BGP route is routed by port-channel, i am wondering, able to ping port-channel on both side, but BGP is  active 

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could be any number of things. Is it EBGP or IBGP ?

Have you tried turning on BGP debugging as that usually gives a good idea as to what is wrong. 

Jon

Hi

As Jon mentioned you could execute a debug to see what is going on, usually active state is representing the router is trying to establish a TCP session. If it fails it will try again, you could verify if the IP addressing configured on the neighbors are correctly. Also you could execute: show ip bgp neighbor <neighbor> it could show more information about the peering. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

It would be helpful if you would post the router config (especially the part for router bgp) and the output of the command show ip bgp and show ip bgp neighbor

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Guys,

It is resolved due to firewall it was stucked up in active state

Thank you for posting back to the forum to let us know that the problem is resolved and that the issue was with a firewall. I am glad that you found the solution to your problem. This might give other readers of the forum a place to look if they experience similar symptoms.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card